Claim your space back and reorder your files with ZipGenius: ZipGenius is the that lets you compress files to almost any kind of archive. ZipGenius supports more than 20 compressed archive formats, including CD/DVD-ROM image files in ISO9660 standard. This is the file compression suite you were searching for: it is free and easy to use, plus it supports more than 20 formats of compressed archives, including RAR, ARJ, ACE, CAB, SQX, OpenOffice.org documents and the excellent ZipGenius now can executable files going to be added to a ZIP archive through the compressor.
GNU Wget is a free software package for retrieving files using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP, the most widely-used Internet protocols. It is a non-interactive commandline tool, so it may easily be called from scripts, cron jobs, terminals without X-Windows support, etc.GNU Wget has many features to make retrieving large files or mirroring entire web or FTP sites easy, including:
* Can resume aborted downloads, using REST and RANGE
* Can use filename wild cards and recursively mirror directories
* NLS-based message files for many different languages
* Optionally converts absolute links in downloaded documents to relative, so that downloaded documents may link to each other locally
* Runs on most UNIX-like operating systems as well as Microsoft Windows
* Supports HTTP proxies
* Supports HTTP cookies
* Supports persistent HTTP connections
* Unattended / background operation
* Uses local file timestamps
Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax, supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP, TELNET, DICT, LDAP, LDAPS and FILE. curl supports SSL certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading, HTTP form based upload, proxies, cookies, user+password authentication (Basic, Digest, NTLM, Negotiate, kerberos…), file transfer resume, proxy tunneling and a busload of other useful tricks.