Easy Web Authoring!
KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.
Key features of Kompozer:
- WYSIWYG editing of pages, making web creation as easy as typing a letter with your word processor.
- Integrated file management via FTP. Simply login to your web site and navigate through your files, editing web pages on the fly, directly from your site.
- Reliable HTML code creation that will work with all of today’s most popular browsers.
- Jump between WYSIWYG Editing Mode and HTML using tabs.
- Tabbed editing to make working on multiple pages a snap.
- Powerful support for forms, tables, and templates.
- The easiest-to-use, most powerful Web Authoring System available for Desktop Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh users.
This great HTML editor is often used in conjunction with GIMP
(THE opensource free graphics editor) to produce some great websites. If you are lucky enough to have a subscription to Lynda.Com
(video tutorials) then you can watch a great tutorial on how to create a great website using pure .CSS by just using opensource tools (namely Kompozer and GIMP)
Are you looking for the best way to redirect your web site to a new web site and keep the search engines happy?
So you have redesigned and re-architected an existing site and now we’re going to make the new site go live. If you want to keep the same domain name (e.g. mydomain.com goes to mydomain.com), but the individual pages will be in a different location – perhaps using a CMS system so that the individual page URL’s will change. Continue reading