I recently had a wonderful holiday with friends in Selva (Val Gardena) and logged all our ski routes via my Garmin 400t GPS device (this thing is wonderful). I use the great site called GPSVISUALIZER.COM to plot the output from the Garmin to maps. Here’s the skiing day by day for the trip.
GPSVisualizer allows you to link to a GPX file (created from the tracking within the Garmin GPS) and render the track on one of many maps, including Google ariel view. The views shown here show the ‘summer’ view (e.g. without all the lovely snow!) which makes them even more interesting as you can see where we skied through the trees, etc.
When you click on the links below PLEASE be patient – it takes about 10 or 15 seconds before the proper map displays. The Google map rendering is the best one to look at.
Daily skiing tracks and routes:
- Monday 7th Feb AM - Monday 7th Feb AM - Monday 7th Feb PM
- Tuesday 8th Feb AM - Tuesday 8th Feb AM
- Wednesday 9th Feb AM - Wednesday 9th Feb PM
- Thursday 10th Feb AM - Thursday 10th Feb PM - Thursday 10th Feb PM
- Friday 11th Feb AM - Friday 11th FebPM
Daily logs from the Garmin GPS showing max speed and distance: