Free Analytics Tools
These tend to be limited in feature set and give themselves sitewide links on your site, or require you to trust giving a major search engine like Google virtually all your marketing data.
* Google Analytics – powerful full featured analytics tool. Even allows you to track your ROI by keyword for each AdWords ad position. Google AdWords also has internal split testing and conversion tracking software.
* Google Website Optimizer – allows you to A/B split test landing pages and track how well Google AdWords traffic converts.
* Microsoft adCenter Analytics – not publicly launched yet, but accepting invite requests.
* Piwik – open source web analytics program
* Site Meter – starts off as free, but charges for advanced features
* Stat Counter – starts off as free, but charges for advanced features and bandwith usage.
* Webalizer – default log analyzer on many servers.
* Analog – default log analyzer on many servers.
* Awstats – another popular default log analyzer on many servers.
Posted on July 27, 2008 by Jonathan